Mixed Race Americans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My opinions of who mixed american individuals are.

+3
Suno
NoLife
sulchan.yoon
7 posters

Go down

My opinions of who mixed american individuals are. Empty My opinions of who mixed american individuals are.

Post  sulchan.yoon Thu May 05, 2011 1:44 am

I believe that America was founded not only by a single race thus can not be considered to have a lone race. America was founded off of many individuals of many different ethnic heritages so my first question is what race is "American"? Since they are a melting pot, and made up of multiple races, the race of America is truthfully any race is it not? Being mixed American and another race is just being American in that case. Who are they? In my opinion they can be anyone who has any connection with America. Where do they belong? Again, they can be all across the world. If one is Korean, they dont have to live in Korea to be considered Korean. Thus, you don't have to live in America to be considered American.

sulchan.yoon

Back to top Go down

My opinions of who mixed american individuals are. Empty Re: My opinions of who mixed american individuals are.

Post  NoLife Thu May 05, 2011 1:47 am

I completely agree with you sir.

NoLife

Back to top Go down

My opinions of who mixed american individuals are. Empty Re: My opinions of who mixed american individuals are.

Post  Suno Thu May 05, 2011 2:09 am

sulchan.yoon wrote:I believe that America was founded not only by a single race thus can not be considered to have a lone race. America was founded off of many individuals of many different ethnic heritages so my first question is what race is "American"? Since they are a melting pot, and made up of multiple races, the race of America is truthfully any race is it not? Being mixed American and another race is just being American in that case. Who are they? In my opinion they can be anyone who has any connection with America. Where do they belong? Again, they can be all across the world. If one is Korean, they dont have to live in Korea to be considered Korean. Thus, you don't have to live in America to be considered American.

Fascinating viewpoint, sir!

Suno

Back to top Go down

Post  wangy103 Thu May 05, 2011 2:13 am

I agree that a Korean can be a Korean anywhere in the world, but they view themselves as Korean. They have a very distinct identity as a Korean. People from the United States on the other hand, the melting pot as you say, have multiple backgrounds. Some of them struggle to find a place for themselves within the cultures of their parents. Yes, Americans can be Americans anywhere, but as you said, what is an American? That is the question. People with multiracial backgrounds may completely accept their multiple heritages, or may find conflict between them. However they may define themselves, being an American is not as simple as having a connection to the United States. People can live years in the United States having immigrated from a different country, and remain in their own culture, without becoming an American. Americans have their identity, I believe, and they are not just "any race." Americans have their own culture. I don't think the question is a matter of where. It is a question of who. Just my humble opinion.

wangy103

Back to top Go down

My opinions of who mixed american individuals are. Empty Youve got an interesting topic

Post  TaeDaAzn Thu May 05, 2011 2:08 pm

First of all let me start off by answering your first question sulchan.yoon
what race is "American"?
Depending on how you look at it, race can be divided into 3 groups to who knows how many; the three basic, broad groups are African, Caucasian, and Asian (Asian ftw btw). You asked "what race is American", and my answer is none of the above. American is more like an ethnic group to me, and as you know, the word "American" is quite a broad term, it includes every single citizen who lives in North, Central, and South America no matter one is African or Asian, and of course this term can be different how, what for, and/or when you used them. And I think the true ethnic groups that can only be called "American" is the native Americans/Indians and people who were born and raised in Americas.
Wangy103 mentioned something about Koreans and it sounds like he/she looks at Korean as another race group. I find converting ethnic groups/nationalities to race groups sounds very silly, annnd... of course it's great for someone to have pride for being Korean or of/from any other country.

This is an offtrack opinion of mine (well maybe its not that off), I think distinguishing a human being is totally outrageous, why do we even have to care about our race? Isn't having our own nationality good enough for us to live and depend on? There are more important things/topics out there in the world to debate about. People are just wasting their precious time on silly little things like race and shit. Being African, Caucasian, or Asian does not make one a better or worse person. A lot of people hurt or get hurt because of the existence of segregation called RACE. People should just get over with silly stuff and treat others fairly and well, that would make the world whole lot better.

But man, is this forum crowded or what?! There are lots of posts. Great Forum! Thumbs up javascript:emoticonp('cheers') javascript:emoticonp('lol!')
cheers cheers

LMAO @ Suno and NoLife

TaeDaAzn

Back to top Go down

Post  HOrganism Thu May 05, 2011 9:11 pm

NoLife wrote:I completely agree with you sir.

Suno wrote:Fascinating viewpoint, sir!

What insightful opinions!

HOrganism

Back to top Go down

Post  lola1234 Fri May 06, 2011 7:41 pm

i agree with you but americas not the only place that has a mix of ethnicity and different backgrounds. Do you think having a lot of mis of ethnicity is good? or do you think its bad to have diversity in america?

lola1234

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum